*Eligibility for VA Dental Benefits
The following veterans are eligible to receive dental care:
- Veterans with service-connected, compensable dental conditions.
- Former POWs.
- Veterans with service-connected, non-compensable dental conditions as a result of combat wounds or service injuries.
- Veterans with non-service-connected dental conditions determined by VA to be aggravating a service-connected medical problem.
- Veterans whose service-connected disabilities have been rated at 100 percent or who are receiving the 100 percent rate by reason of individual unemployability.
- Veterans participating in a VA vocational rehabilitation program.
- Certain veterans enrolled in a VA Homeless Program for 60 consecutive days or more may receive certain medically necessary outpatient dental services.
- Those with non-service-connected dental conditions or disabilities for which treatment was begun while the veteran was in an inpatient status in a VA medical center, when it is clinically determined to be necessary to complete such dental treatment on an outpatient basis.
- Veterans requiring treatment for dental conditions clinically determined to be complicating a medical condition currently under treatment.
*From the Federal Benefits for Veterans, Dependents and Survivors (2009 Edition)
Department of Veterans Affairs, 810 Vermont Ave., N.W., Washington, D.C., 20420
For additional information: http://www.va.gov (opens in a new window).
Note: The above information is provided for informational purposes only. All information is subject to error, omission, or change and is not warranted. Neither Careington nor Liberty Dental Services are affiliated with any governmental agency. Eligibility for VA dental benefits is typically more restrictive than eligibility for VA healthcare benefits. Thus, we offer this dental plan at a stated savings for veterans.
A discount dental plan, not dental insurance.