Privacy & Security
Principal Business Activities
VeteransDentalPlan.com’s principal business activities are sales and marketing.
Information We Collect
In order to serve our customers better and provide the best experience possible to our visitors, we collect certain kinds of information. Below are the basic kinds of information we collect.
Information You Volunteer We collect and store any information you provide to us through our websites, email or any other method. For example, you might provide a zip/postal code when searching our websites for information in your area; when purchasing one of our products or services you might also provide basic information such as name, address, phone number, email address, family characteristics and payment information. At other times, we may collect responses to opt-in surveys and questionnaires. We use this information to provide you the services, products or information you request and to improve our websites and internal processes. You may choose not to provide any of this information, however, you understand that doing so may prevent access to products and services or the use of certain features of our websites.
We take your privacy seriously and work to protect your information during transmission to us and after storage.
- We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) to encrypt information sent during the ordering process.
- We have implemented security policies, rules and technical measures for the personal data that we have under our control, in order to protect against:
- unauthorized access
- improper use or disclosure
- unauthorized modification
- unlawful destruction or accidental loss
- All our employees and data processors, who have access to, and are associated with the processing of personal data, are obliged to respect the confidentiality of our visitors’ personal data.
- We do not share your information with anyone outside our organization except those companies whose services you explicitly request through us.
- We do not provide your information to any governmental body, except as required by law.
We do not knowingly collect personal data from children. We do not sell products or services for purchase by children. Only adults 18 and over may purchase products and services from us. A parent or legal guardian providing a child’s personal information (including name and date of birth) to us implies consent for us to use that information for the purpose of providing the product or service being ordered and ONLY that purpose.
Access to the personal data we may hold about you
You can ask us whether we are keeping personal data about you by calling this telephone number (1-888-224-6829)
Upon request and with proof of your identity, we will provide you — free of charge — with a readable copy of the personal data which we keep about you. You may indicate your request by calling this telephone number: (1-888-224-6829)
We typically provide your information to you within a week, and no more than a month. If you cannot satisfy proof of identity requirements, we reserve the right to refuse your request.
We allow you to challenge the data that we hold about you and, where appropriate, you may have the data:
- rectified or amended